Wow! This is no January effect, this is a full force bull market in action here!To reflect the full impact of the last two weeks of bull move, I used the monthly Nasdaq Composite Index chart to portrait a better visual.
Unfortunately, my port did not follow the same bullish path but was taken for a roller coaster ride. I foresaw this might happen so I chalked it up as part of the volatility I needed to deal with. To avoid turning gain into loss, I sold $TEUM and double-down on $MARK. $TEUM took in water while $MARK continued on higher at the start of the week; so it made sense to allocate more chips to the one that rallied. By the end of the week, $MARK also gave back some gain but still up nicely for the week.As you can see, despite some gave back on Friday, $MARK ended the week up 14.8%. I doubled down on $MARK ’cause I believe $MARK’s artificial intelligence (AI) platform, KanKan, has the support from China with its massive data set to become the world premium AI engine. Below is how Remark Holdings described their KanKan platform:
“KanKan Data Intelligence Platform provides user behavioral analysis based upon billions of users’ activities both online or offline. Through its proprietary Artificial Intelligence based data models, KanKan Intelligence Platform offers disruptive solutions for Fintech, Targeted Marketing, Predictive Analysis, Market Research, Competitor Analysis, and Consumer Behavior Analysis.”
Understanding the above is Remark Holdings’ own marketing statement, I see it also as a mission statement. As far as I’m concerned, it’s important for an upstart to have a mission statement so investors will know what the company is trying to achieve. What is their goals and do they have the infrastructural supports to achieve such goals? Giving the news so far, I see they are on a path to achieve such goals giving that “Remark has “bridged both sides of the Pacific” by partnering with Alibaba (BABA), Tencent (0700), Sina (SINA), Weibo (WB) and others on fintech, facial recognition/AR and natural language processing technologies.” On top of that, recent news listed below further support KanKan’s path to excellence:
- December 13th, 2017, “Remark Holdings Partnering with China ShenHua Energy Company“
- Remark Holdings, Inc. (MARK), a global technology company focused on artificial intelligence, announced today that China ShenHua Energy Company has selected KanKan as its artificial intelligence technology partner in a project to enhance ShenHua Energy’s worker management and improve mining and construction safety. The project is expected to result in significant improvements in production efficiency and worker safety, while simultaneously reducing human resource management costs and costs resulting from safety-related incidents. ShenHua Energy will use KanKan’s facial-recognition, gesture-recognition and tracking capabilities to accomplish the worker safety and management improvements, while KanKan’s artificial intelligence data platform will help ShenHua improve production efficiency. The partnership represents a foothold for KanKan’s AI technologies in China’s energy space, which is one of the largest energy markets in the world.
- December 18th, 2017, “Remark Holdings Announces $10 Million Investment from Charoen Pokphand (CP Group) – Priced at US$12 Per Share“
- Remark Holdings, Inc. (MARK), a global technology company focused on artificial intelligence, today announced a US$10 million investment from Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group), one of the world’s largest conglomerates. CP Group’s core businesses span agribusiness and food, retail and distributions, and the telecommunication sectors. Due to CP Group’s exceptional reputation, it was the first foreign company selected to invest in China and is the only one approved to own and operate a TV channel under the Chinese media authority.
- December 19th, 2017, “Remark Holdings Announces New Agreement for its KanKan FinTech Product“
- Remark Holdings, Inc. (MARK), a global technology company focused on artificial intelligence, announced that the early success of its first agreement to provide quality customers to Bank of China, thereby reducing loan defaults, has led to a second agreement to provide the same service for a new consumer loan product being launched by the bank. The new contract is expected to generate more than $4 million of revenue for Remark during 2018, an amount that is incremental to the revenue guidance previously provided by the company.
- January 4th, 2018, “Remark Holdings Announces New FinTech Product and New Contracts“
- Remark Holdings, Inc. (MARK), a global technology company focused on providing artificial-intelligence-based solutions, announced that its KanKan business has launched a new credit-related FinTech product that will improve banks’ risk-management systems for greater efficiency and accuracy in determining a prospective client’s credit quality. Remark also announced that, after several months of intensive product testing, it has been awarded contracts by several major banks in China, including CITIC Bank (which was formerly known as China International Trust Investment Corporation), Industrial Bank, Guangdong Development Bank and China Minsheng Bank. Each contract is initially expected to generate millions of dollars of revenue for the company.
Anyone sees the common denominator from the above news?
The agreements are from top tier companies in the world! This is clearly a solid confirmation of KanKan’s AI strength. My 2 cents is that KanKan will dominate in the AI field as Google dominates in search engine and Amazon in online shopping. So I missed the long-term ride in GOOG and AMZN, here is a chance for me to make it up by riding $MARK. With such a roster of premium companies signing up with KanKan platform, I believe I don’t have to wait many years to see price appreciation.
Okay… So what else is new?
I recently came upon this article about Tau titled, “tau protein behind Alzheimer’s disease spreading“, and it makes me even more excited about potential of $AEMD‘s exosome science. Can you imagine the possibility of stopping Alzheimer’s disease before it progresses any further? First, AEMD exosome tech may detect if you’ve tau in the body/brain; then it may “filter” out the tau from your body to stop Alzheimer’s disease from spreading to the rest of the brain. WOW!
Yes, I know, all these still needed to be proven but the bits and pieces are all pointing to the right direction. Let’s just say that when more bits & pieces come out to support the validity of the exosome science that have the possibility of treating metastasis cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, you won’t be seeing stock price at current level. All it takes is one BP/institutional investor/hedge fund to take notice and start buying. I’m just being thankful I became aware of this stock through my investment in $IBIO; because without $IBIO, I would NEVER come upon $AEMD since it’s so well hidden under the radar.
Here’s my 2 cents, if you’re aware of $AEMD, you owe yourself to own some shares just for the sake of owning a piece of new science that has the potential to disrupt the way cancer and Alzheimer’s disease are being treated. Not to downplay the viruses protection of AEMD hemopurifier; but both cancer and Alzheimer’s disease are two major catalysts that can propel AEMD into a billion dollars company in the absence of pandemic attack. All in my humble opinion only, of course! So, make sure to take it with a grain of salt!
$IBIO, of course, will ride the success of $AEMD when it comes since it’s the sole supplier of cost effective ingredients that allow AEMD’s hemopurifier to perform its function. But that is only part of what iBIO is offering. It’s own potential in reversing fibrosis has its own humongous possibility. And it all comes down to waiting for the company to file its IND with the FDA to kick start its IBIO-CFB03 drug trial. I believe now that their plant-based facility is in compliance with FDA regulation, it’s a matter of time when it’s filing. I expect the filing to happen this year.
$LRAD, to me, is just a matter of time before some news of big order to kick this one over $3. I do not know when it’s going to happen but I do “feel” the demand of its technology is gaining traction based on its recent frequent sales records.
Due to corrections from $AEMD, $IBIO, $TEUM, my port gave back some from last week.
Main port: LRAD AEMD MARK IBIO & cash (up 8.6% YTD)
Trading port: MENXF IBIO
My 2 cents
From my camera: