I’ve been waiting for the inevitable secondary offering to happen on $ONVO and it has finally happened. This is considered good news to me since price action no longer has this dilution overhang that has been bursting every bubble-rallies in the last two weeks.
I bought a small starter position yesterday with a hard-stop and promptly got stopped out this morning with the gap-down. However, when price traded down to the $4.50 offering price, I bought back my starter position plus more. Now, I’m comfortable holding this one as a way to play catch-up with the 3D-printing stocks that I’ve missed back in March.
Why would I buy $ONVO after the dilution news? Well, I learned my lesson from my $CLDX trade back in the Feb of this year. I bought a boat load of $CLDX around mid-$7 and then the dilution news came. I immediately dumped my position for losses. Guess what? Not only did $CLDX recover most of the price the same day, it continued onward to the $21+ level which was current price right now. My problem with this trade was that after I was out, I resolved not to chase the stock due to my belief that the dilution would eventually kill the rally. In hindsight, now I’ve learned that it is not necessary true for every stock. $CLDX has more potential than the pitfall of dilution.
Anyway, not to repeat the same mistake I’ve made on $CLDX, I bought $ONVO to see if my lesson with $CLDX will pay off. Of course, risk management still needs to be applied here since this is still considered a highly volatile biotech stock.
Below is the daily chart:
Did you see price action is sitting right on the 79 sma and 89 xma? This give me the confidence to take on this trade at the secondary offer price of $4.50.
My 2 cents.